Friday, July 1, 2011

My Obsession: MAC Cosmetics

I am the youngest of three girls. So growing up, I was always way ahead of my peers. I thought that I should be allowed to do everything that my older sisters were doing- shave my legs, wear make-up, etc. All in elementary school! Looking back on those days, I laugh at myself. What I wouldn’t give to be able to get away with wearing no makeup! 
I absolutely love makeup. You can get so creative with it. I rarely go plain, simple, and natural. I like dramatic with hints of color. My favorite brand of makeup is MAC. It is actually a mild obsession. There are very few times that I can go into a mall and not come out with something from MAC- even if it’s the newest lipgloss. Yes, it can be pricey. BUT mother always said: you only get one skin; treat it right. And I have always listened to that statement (even if I failed to listen to anything else). 
If I could choose only ONE item to wear the rest of my life, I would pick liquid eyeliner. The results are amazing- it doesn’t run and it last for hours! This is a quirky little habit of mine. I apply liquid eyeliner every night before bed. I sleep with it on. In the morning, it is perfectly in place but it isn’t as harsh so I can get away with wearing it daily. I use MAC LiquidLast Liner in Point Black... and I have been wearing it for 5 years now. I have tried many different liners- from drugstore brands to speciality brands to department store brands. NOTHING works like MAC liquidlast. I promise you won’t be disappointed! 











Although I always use MAC mascara, I had just switched around from one mascara to another. Usually I bought the newest mascara by MAC. I love the Plush Lash and I guess I would say that overall that has been my favorite. UNTIL... I came in contact with the best mascara my lashes have discovered. MAC Studio Fix Boldblack Lash is part of the Fashion Flower collection that came out this spring. It is everything a girl needs in a mascara. It lengthens the lashes like no other AND it is the darkest black making eyelashes look so glamorous. The mascara seriously makes the eyes “POP!”



My latest MAC purchase was a liner/stick/gloss combo. I usually wear a lot of pinks but I love the newest Viva Glam nude color. The lipstick and lipglass is endorsed by Lady Gaga-- hence the name Viva Glam Lady Gaga 2. There was not a liner to match so I bought a neutral color- Subculture- and it literally matches every other lipglass made by MAC. So I’ve been sporting the nude lip lately.

















No comments:

Post a Comment