Friday, July 29, 2011

Fall + Winter Trends 2011

Fall is just around the corner! And I am so happy about that. But before we can begin shopping for Fall, we must understand the trends for the season. Yes, there are people who actually get paid to predict fashion. I would love to be a trend forecaster. Stylesight is a website that usually only professionals use. But since I am a student at AI, I have access to such amazing resources in the industry. As I was browsing the website today, I found trends all the way through summer/ spring 2013. For those of you who don't know the industry, I bet you think I made a typo. Nope! Trend forecasters predict a minimum of 2 years in advance. So much time and energy goes into that t-shirt you will put on today.

These are the trends I found for Fall/Winter 2011...

The trends can be labeled under four themes:
1. Composition
2. Hyperreal
3. Evolution
4. Rave

And these are the trends simplified...

--Use of Bold Polka Dots and Sharp Geometric Shapes
--A Return to the Brightly Colored, Futuristic Sixties 
--Dark Tribal Looks
--Use of Wild and Primitive Furs 
--Vibrantly colored Exotic Skins
--Use of Jewel Tones and the Profusion of Roses
--Frugal Quaker Styling 
--Revival of Traditional Folk Patterns
--The Return of Mid-Century Patterns

No comments:

Post a Comment