Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 15: Happy 4th!

Oh, the Fabulous 4th! Burgers, Beer, Fireworks, Festivals, Funnel Cakes-- All things American. Independence Day is always a celebration throughout every part of the country. It is the one day that Democrats and Republicans, Liberals and Conservatives, and those that consider themselves Independent can set aside their differences and all agree to celebrate the freedom of our country. On this one day, all US citizens unite. 
I’m one of those that will set aside my views. Today, I thank everyone who has and who is serving the United States of America. While I do not agree with the leaders in Washington, I respect and admire those who are willing to die for this country. So thank you! (And please forgive me- I am saluting with two different hands because I’m not sure what the correct way is).
I tried to sport at least one patriotic color today. This outfit reminds me of the 40’s-- when men had to leave their loved ones to go to war. I would have really pulled off the look if my hair had been in loose curls. But these will do. 

I am Wearing...
Polka Dot Romper from Ivy and Leo in Charlotte
Michael Kors Nude Patent Wedges
RayBan Sunglasses
Gold Hoops from Express







No comments:

Post a Comment