Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 18: FDR's Memorial

Today was a very exciting day for me! Franklin Delano Roosevelt is definitely my favorite president the US has ever had. I love history and politics. I even researched the attack on Pearl Harbor for over a year when I was in the sixth grade. On my own time. Just to do it. Where has THAT motivation gone? I’m also a hardcore liberal democrat. I am blessed to be surrounded by such an open minded and welcoming family. Of course, the older generations are not as liberal as I am. So my love for politics and history makes my inner geek come out in places like DC- where the history runs deep and everything revolves around the two political parties. I guess with the Tea Party that makes 3... But I suggest you don’t get me into a debate about that. 
Enough with that talk. I woke up at 12:30pm! At home I like to sleep in, but I really didn’t mean to do that up here! Mom and I were meeting Belle for lunch at 1:00 with a 15 minute walk to get there. So do the math. I had 15 minutes to get ready. Dinner reservations are for tonight so we have been on a schedule. I refused to leave tomorrow without seeing FDR’s memorial. I got ready fast... 
What I’m Wearing...
7 for All Mankind Black Cuff Shorts
7 for All Mankind Grey Cutout Shirt
Splendid Black Tank Top
Tory Burch Silver Miller Thong Sandals
David Yurman Silver Rings
Tiffany & Co. Silver Ball Earrings
Chanel Purse
Gucci Sunglasses



Shake Shack New to DC




Belle Being a Tourist for the Day







I LOVE the Back of This Shirt


Mother and I in DC


Everyone needs to read the wise words of FDR


FDR's Memorial


No comments:

Post a Comment