Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 17: Tourist for the Day

Mom and I did a little exploring today. We toured the Dupont area in DC. I've seen the White House and the Capitol and all the Government buildings and statues on previous trips. So on this trip, I wanted to visit places that I have never been. On my list- The Textile Museum and FDR's Monument. The Textile Museum is located near Dupont Circle- about 1 mile from Belle's apartment. Mom and I ate at a Mexican restaurant around the Dupont area and then we toured the Textile Museum. I am fascinated by fabrics and textures and art, in general. I enjoyed the museum. The 2 story house features art from Asia, Africa, and South America.

... It is unbelievably hot up here! I know it's hot everywhere in the US right now but hot in the city is different from hot in the country. At home, there are trees for shade and always a breeze. In the city, it's just pure heat. Miserable heat. I tried to wear light clothing... but that didn't even matter.

What I'm Wearing...
White T-Shirt Velvet by Graham & Spencer (Purchased at Three Sisters Boutique-- check it out!)
JCrew Ikat Shorts
Tory Burch Gold Miller Thong Sandals
Kate Spade Red Necklace and Earrings
JCrew Hat
Louis Vuitton Handbag













If Only I Could REALLY Meet Them






No comments:

Post a Comment