Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 26: Navy + White

Like I have mentioned previously, navy is my absolute favorite color to wear. It looks good on everyone and you just simply cannot go wrong with it. Over the weekend, I met my parents in Gaffney, SC at the outlets to try to find some "steals." I have been looking all over the internet for a pair of Nude Patent Pumps. Sounds easy, right? Definitely not. Unless I wanted to pay $700 for some Jimmy Choo's or Giuseppe Zanotti's, then I was out of luck. I usually do not like outlets just because I like to stay ahead of the curve and I want to be the first to have something. But they do have good prices on classics and you can still buy really stylish pieces, if you know how to put unique pieces together. I went into the BCBG outlet. All of the dresses I own from BCBG are now on sale. It's kind of heartbreaking at 1st but then you get over it because you've already worn the dress(es) so many times anyway. I was looking more for shoes. I tried on the cutest black heels in a variety of style. Honestly, I do not need another pair of black shoes for another 5 years. I have too many. The saleswoman casually mentioned they had just received a pair of Nude Patent Pumps. Before she could ever finish her sentence, I was yelling size 6, please! When I saw the pair on my feet, I knew it was exactly what I was looking for. Nude. A tall heel. Close-toed-- not peep toed. Perfect for fall. And so I purchased those shoes for $89. I think that price is a little high for outlet but compared to $700, the BCBG pumps were a steal. They look like a pair Kate Middleton would flaunt. And that's what I consider a timeless piece. You will find those in blogs to come :) This blog is about what I wore to go to the outlets and to meet my parents for dinner. 

 Rebecca Minkoff Purse found on Sale at Zappos.com

Cole Haan Sandals found at Nordstrom Rack this Summer




What I am Wearing....

*Navy Shorts from Urban Outfitters

*White V-Neck from Madewell 

*Navy Ikat Scarf from Urban Outfitters (not available online)

*Cole Haan White Woven Sandals from Nordstrom Rack

*Rebecca Minkoff Handbag from Zappos

* ToyWatch White Watch from Lord and Taylor

*Kate Spade "Hand in Hand" Bracelet

*Earrings from Anthropologie (not available anymore) 

..... Since I have straightened my hair too much it needed a break. My hair is au natural in these pictures. I am also wearing the my usual make-up  but I'm wearing my newest gloss- MAC Richly Revered! (Blogged about earlier)



No comments:

Post a Comment