Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My Best Purchase

"You know that thing when you see someone cute and he smiles and your heart kind of goes like warm butter sliding down hot toast? Well that's what it's like when I see a store. Only it's better." -- Confessions of a Shopaholic

Even though this purchase took place a little over a year ago, it is definitely blog-worthy. Since my blog is titled “Purchases of a Shopaholic,” you guys should at least be informed about my purchases, perhaps even have a little say in the matter. Last May I took a retail trip to London and Paris. As usual, I had a plan for where and on what I would spend my money. I call it budgeting; to others, not so much. The trip became official in January and from that point on I knew I was going to make a purchase from Chanel in Paris. I am Coco Chanel’s biggest fan. I researched her for my senior project, I named my pup Karl after her assistant, and I worship the fashion she has created. Paris is where her legacy all began. Paris was our final stop on the trip and I am much too impatient to wait-- for anything! On a free afternoon in London, after visiting the V&A Museum, I traveled into Harrod’s. For me, it was heaven on Earth. I was genuinely and truly happy to be surrounded by so many designers! I might even coin this moment as the happiest of my life. I got lost in Harrod’s- literally. And I did panic. But I quickly and frantically found my way to Chanel. Without hesitation, I picked up the classic flap Chanel in black with the silver chain. Right then and there I bought Chanel. THE best purchase I ever made. The happiest my little heart has ever been!  

While the pictures do not even show justice for Chanel... I want to share my best purchase.




No comments:

Post a Comment