Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 11: Back to School

After high school, I went to the University of Tennessee. It is actually the only placed I applied. I loved everything about UT- the football, Pi Phi sorority, the professors, and even that God awful orange! Knoxville was home to be. After my junior year, I became serious about a career in fashion. I always knew I wanted to retail, but I began to narrow my options. I AM fashion. It is what I live for. And although the decision was the toughest I ever had to make, I transferred after my junior year to the Art Institute of Charlotte to pursue a degree in fashion merchandising and marketing. And I love it! Of course I miss Neyland Stadium on a Saturday and Sorority Recruitment Week. But I had to focus on my future. 
The Art Institute is on the quarter system, therefore, there are 4 quarters in a year rather than 2 semesters at the average university or college. AI is extremely fast paced-- 11 weeks in one quarter. So it has its pro’s and con’s. Spring semester ended mid-June. School starts back July 11th. That’s 3 weeks. Going from a 3 month summer to a 3-week one is hardly a break at all. I have about 1.5 weeks before I start the summer quarter, which I’ve been told is going to be very difficult with the schedule I’ve been given. (EEEEEK) Lately, I’ve tried to plan as much as life as possible to try to make my life less hectic. I have to balance school, work, and a social life. Sometimes I feel like it’s impossible to do. So today’s theme is school! I’m trying to motivate myself into getting back into the swing of things so July 11th doesn’t knock me down too hard. 

What I'm Wearing...
7 for All Mankind Black Cuffed Shorts
Splendid Black Tank Top
JCrew Lavender Cardigan
Michael Kors Silver Wedges
Versace Sunglasses
Tory Burch Dena Bag in Black
David Yurman silver ring
Pearl Earrings given to me on my 18th Birthday
Multiple Pearl Strands-- passed down from generations in the family








No comments:

Post a Comment