Sunday, January 15, 2012

My 2 Week Trip Up North... The Highlights

After being up North for 2 weeks, I can finally say that being home in Carolina is lovely! I can drive on back country roads, find sweet tea wherever I go, and I don’t have to live out of a suitcase in a tight apartment or hotel room. I always imagined myself to be such a city girl-- placed wrongly in the mountains of Western North Carolina. As time passes, I’m beginning to think that maybe the South really is for me-- large open spaces, mild climates, and my OWN transportation. And even though I will probably have to live in NYC on minimum wage for an internship or entry level job, I can only imagine myself staying in a city if I live a luxurious life-- ie. Upper Eastside of Manhattan. I have a few years to think about that! Thank God :) 
So my 2 week adventure started a few days after Christmas. I spent a week in Washington, DC with my sister and a week in NYC with one of my best and oldest friends. I enjoyed spending time with them and loved the change of scenery and pace... but near the end of my journey... my heart and soul longed for Carolina. 
Below are pictures from my trip up North... I tried to keep it stylish but packing for 2 weeks is hard to do!

We love our Glasses!















My Kate Spade Ear Warmer






























It was so cold!





Old Friends... I love this lace top-- wish I had gotten a full length!

No comments:

Post a Comment