Monday, January 23, 2012

Flawless Face!

I am an extremely brand loyal consumer. Once I find a brand or designer I like, I will 99% of the time continue to buy their products. But I also do my research before making some purchases-- for example, buying into an entire makeup line. It is always a good idea to research certain products and what other users have said. When I was 14, I started wearing MAC cosmetics. I swore that I would never wear anything else...
... I was one lucky lady going through my teenage years. I never developed acne and only occasionally would I find a blemish or pimple on my face. My skin was flawless. (I ruined the skin tones by over tanning my face which is now visible). Over the past year or so, my flawless skin hasn’t been so flawless. I had bumps under the skin, blackheads on and around my nose, and large pimples on my chin. It was as if my body were just now going through puberty. So I continued to buy heavier make-up. MAC was the perfect option for that because MAC makeup is used for photo shoots and in other scenarios where heavy makeup is needed.... 
... I vowed to never leave MAC. They had been so good to me-- calling whenever a new collection came in and always knowing exactly what I wanted. But I knew it was time to leave MAC behind. I still use their eyeshadows, eyeliner, and mascara. Their liquidlast black eyeliner will last for days. It was recently discontinued so I stocked up on that eyeliner. Nothing compares to its longevity and durability. So while I said goodbye to the skincare line, I did not say goodbye to the eye makeup...
So I researched for a new line. Dior is supposed to be fabulous but it’s pricey. Estee Lauder focuses more on wrinkles. Benefit sales because the packaging is great (but the actual product is not). The Sephora Collection was just too overwhelming to actually look at... Sometimes when you see something, you just know it’s right. That’s how it felt when I saw the Laura Mercier counter in Belk at Southpark. My friend has used Laura Mercier for years and her skin is flawless. I was hoping the products would have the same affect on me... And I believe it has! 

I love the make-up I am wearing in these next 2 pictures: 











The Products I Had On This Picture.....



Laura Mercier Foundation Primer







 Laura Mercier Mineral Powder in Tender Rose






Laura Mercier Oil-Free Gel Foundation in Warm Ivory






Laura Mercier Concealer in #1









Laura Mercier 2nd Skin Cheek Color in Rose Bloom







Laura Mercier Lip Pencil in Plumberry










Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Jungle







NARS Illuminator in Orgasm








NARS Lip Gloss in Pillow Talk






MAC Eyebrow Color in Lingering






MAC Studio Fix Bold Black Lash Mascara





MAC Liquid Liner in Black







Other Products I use from Laura Mercier...



Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer 










Laura Mercier Oil-Free Liquid Foundation









Laura Mercier Pink Mosaic Shimmery Cheek Color









Laura Mercier Lipgloss (I have the Berry Color)








Laura Mercier Lip Plump Lipgloss (I have in Bronzed Berry)









Laura Mercier Eye Primer in Basic





I can definitely tell a difference in the clearness of my skin. Nothing gives a woman confidence like clear and youthful skin. Look how clear....



















No comments:

Post a Comment