Thursday, November 17, 2011

Oooh La La -- Cashmere!

Most people have no idea what their favorite fabrics are to wear. If you ask me that question, I can answer immediately: I love chiffon for summertime (and cotton, too!) and I love cashmere for winter (and anything that contains down feathers like puffer coats). In the attempts to start my own business, I have created a style assessment. And one of the questions is: What are your favorite fabrics? The fabrics a person chooses speaks volumes to their personal style. 

So now that cold weather is creeping in you can bet that I am living in cashmere. I love cashmere long sleeve shirts, cashmere sweaters, cashmere scarves + gloves. If it's cashmere... I will love it. My favorite cashmere is that from JCrew. I have sweaters I bought in high school that still look new. While some things at JCrew are overpriced I will splurge on 2 items from there: Winter Coats + Cashmere. Because both are very durable and will never go out of style. 

Today I met my sister and brother-in-law downtown Charlotte for a quick lunch. Afterwards, I had a doctor's appointment... with a new doctor. I get extremely nervous meeting new doctors for the first time because I've had my share of horrible doctor visits. So I wanted to look casual but still make it look like I put in enough effort to look good for the doctor. (Mom has drilled it into my head that I should always look fabulous for a doctor's appointment. Her reasoning: Because you should). So no matter how bad I feel, I always try to look presentable to a doctor. Besides, I think people listen to more of what you have to say if you look confident, pretty, and well dressed. I figured that out just from life. 

JCrew has made some new styles this year for Cashmere. Today I wore the cashmere sweatshirt. Oh, it is heavenly. I could have slept in it. Like I said, just simply heavenly. 



I am Wearing...

JCrew Cashmere Sweatshirt in Heather Indigo
7 for All Mankind Roxanne Skinny Jeans in Rinse
Tory Burch Mocassins in Taupe
Gucci Tote Bag
David Yurman Silver Rings
Earrings and Necklace Bought in Knoxville from a Local Designer







This bag can hold everything... I love it for that reason!





Notice my hair is lighter?




Bottom 1/2... I love dark denim!





These shoes are so comfortable! I love them and wear them a lot!





From the side, you can see the oversized effect. I like my tops oversized.














I love showing off my Tattoo- or at least one of them! It is a blue dove :)




This is such an easy look to put together. I got ready in 15 minutes this morning. Anyone can put a similar outfit together. Try it! I felt comfortable all day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment