Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My Weekend in Knoxville

I left the University of Tennessee in May of 2010. And I just couldn't bring myself to go back.... until now, that is. My friends decided that our reunion would be the LSU game this year. I was so excited to go back. And there are a few things I learned this weekend...

1. I have outgrown the college scene. Going to college bars and staying out until 3AM is just not for me. I definitely had my share of nights like this while I was at UT. And even though I'm still in school, I feel like I've outgrown that phase.

2. I have absolutely no regrets about leaving. I loved UT while I was there but I definitely do not miss it. And even though I love my sorority and it will always be a part of me, I am so thankful that I am now at a school that praises individuality. Maybe it's maturity, but I love being surrounded by people who know who they are and love themselves for it. Their identity has been molded by their own lives and not the influence of others. It is actually amazing to witness.

3. I CANNOT drink until 3AM and get up the next day at 9am to tailgate for a 3:30 game and then go out to the bars again that night.

4. My sister, Belle, made her best friends in college. And I envied the friendships she had made at UT. I have found that my best friends were made growing up in Polk County... in high school.

5. I realized just how much I miss Belle, Glover, and Anna!


Here are some pictures from the weekend...


























No comments:

Post a Comment