Thursday, April 26, 2012

Steeplechase 2012

April 21st, the day of my birthday, was also the day of the Blockhouse Steeplechase in Tryon, NC. I was born and raised in horse country. I have been going to the horse races every year since I was 1 year old. And every few years my birthday falls directly on Steeplechase. 

As I've grown up, I've become more into the social aspect rather than watching the races. As a little kid, I wanted to be up close to the horses. Now, I would rather catch up with old friends, have a nice beverage, and gamble on the races. There is always pressure to look good at these races because everyone who lived here comes back to visit-- I mean everyone. People I haven't seen since high school! So finding the perfect dress, adorable hat, and complementary shoes is a challenge. Especially when there is no guarantee about the weather being nice. 

 we had a fabulous time!
XOXO


Sarah + Me





Daniel + Me 
Love him!







Southern.






Drinks in the AM






The Girls







Shannon + Me







Mother and I










The McFarland Crew + Guests










Blondies









Daniel + Me Again








My Best Guy Friend 








Another Awesome Guy Friend







The McFarland Sisters in Lilly








There We Are!









The McFarland Family






Brett + Lewis





High School Friends... We go WAY Back!



No comments:

Post a Comment