Wednesday, August 17, 2011

From Old to New: Pink Hair

High school graduation day. One of the happiest days of my life-- not because I was proud of myself but because I never had to go back to that god awful high school AGAIN. Polk County was a very small high school- the only school in the county AND I graduated with about 150 students. The girls were hateful and the guys loved the drama because it was usually over them. I remember high school way too well. I was the Sweet Southern Belle with a rebellious streak to my core. And nothing made my life more exciting than to have teachers, law enforcement, and other parents talk about my life. That is a small Southern town for you. And that's just the overview...

For my finale, I had to do something outrageous. Something that other students had never done before. And nothing that would actually get me in trouble because I was walking on thin ice coming down to my last days in "the county." I was a fan of Rachel McAdams at the time. (The obsession started with The Notebook, of course). Her style was so unique and I loved it. I remember seeing pictures of Rachel McAdams' pink hair and thinking "I want this." And if you know me well, if I want it... I'm eventually going to get it. 

This is what Rachel McAdams' hair looked like...








... This was my version of Pink Hair AND I rocked it!






Don't ever be afraid to try something new! My pink hair was just a phase and I made the statement that I wanted to make... Trends are temporary. So be a trendsetter!

No comments:

Post a Comment